Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Making Crock Pot Hot Process Soap

Today I decided to make some hot process soap.  I've always been a cold process girl but, recently, the appeal of being able to use my soaps within a few days instead of a few weeks has been quite appealing. 

Here are a few pictures of the process:
Stainless steel pot with all of my oils and butters {coconut oil, palm oil, canola oil & hemp seed butter}
Lye & Water Solution

Essential oils {lemongrass, rosemary, lavender and a blend of eucalyptus, peppermint, ginger, lavandin}
Crock pot

I'm just waiting for the oils and lye & water mixture to each reach approximately 115 degrees.  Then I'll combine the two with my stick blender and pour into the crock pot.
It's starting to gel.  This is about a half hour after I poured it into the crock pot.


Ooooo.....more gelling....I'll let it go for a little bit longer then pour (or should I say "scoop") it into the mold, cover and that's it!  Tomorrow I'll cut it and let it cure for a few days or longer, depending on how soft it is.  The essential oils are VERY strong right now.  I might call this one "Wake Up Soap".

And here it is in the mold.  Good night, soap!

xo
Jackie





No comments:

Post a Comment